[linux-misc] ken thompson

hallo zusammen

ich habe unter http://computer.org/computer/thompson.htm
eine "nette" aussage von ken thompson über linux gefunden....
was haltet ihr davon ?

[cut]
Computer: In a sense, Linux is following in this tradition.
Any thoughts on this phenomenon?

Thompson: I view Linux as something that's not Microsoft--a backlash
against Microsoft, no more and no less. I don't think it will be very
successful in the long run. I've looked at the source and there are pieces
that are good and pieces that are not. A whole bunch of random people have
contributed to this source, and the quality varies drastically.

My experience and some of my friends' experience is that Linux is quite
unreliable. Microsoft is really unreliable but Linux is worse. In
a non-PC environment, it just won't hold up. If you're using it on a
single box, that's one thing. But if you want to use Linux in firewalls,
gateways, embedded systems, and so on, it has a long way to go.
[cut]

gruss remo

- Mary had a crypto key, she kept it in escrow,
and everything that Mary said, the Feds were sure to know. -