Re: [linux-support] diald obsolete (PF_INET, SOCK_Packet)

On Fri, Aug 27, 1999 at 09:20:04AM +0200, Michael Bähni wrote:
> Hallo zusammen
Hallo Michael,

> ich bin am Einrichten von diald. Die manuellen  Pap Scripts
> funktionieren bestens. Beim Starten von diald erhalte ich folgende
> Meldung (var/log/messages) kernel: diald obsolete (PF_INET, SOCK_Packet)
Ich bekomme diese Meldung auch, sie ist jedoch nur eine Warnung des kernels,
diald sollte trotzdem funktionieren. Ich verwende ebenfalls SuSE 6.1. Mein
provider ist pingnet.ch

Bei mir stuerzt diald leider immer wieder ab, der Prozess terminiert
ploetzlich ohne eine Meldung im syslog zu hinterlassen, auch
/var/run/diald.pid wird nicht geloescht.

> Wenn ich eine TCP Verbindung aufrufe klappt alles bis zum starten vom
> pppd dann gehts einfach nicht mehr weiter.
Du musst auf jeden Fall zuerst sicherstellen, dass Dein Einwahlscript
einwandfrei funktioniert, erst dann sollte diald konfiguriert werden. Der
Einwahlscript sollte immer absolute Pfadnamen verwenden, also nicht 'pppd'
sondern /sbin/pppd

Ich sende in der Beilage einige der wichtigen Konfigurationsdateien.
Vielleicht helfen Sie Dir weiter. Auf jeden empfehle ich Dir, einen Blick in
die 'diald-examples' manpage zu werden und den FAQ unter
/usr/doc/packages/diald zu konsultieren.

Gruss, Beni

debug 0
mode ppp
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -f /bin/t2"
disconnect /root/bin/killppp
device /dev/ttyS0
speed 38400
modem
lock
crtscts
local 192.168.0.1
remote 192.168.0.2
dynamic
defaultroute
include /usr/lib/diald/standard.filter
fifo /etc/diald.ctl

PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin
pppd /dev/ttyS0 38400 user bstocker modem crtscts defaultroute noipdefault connect 'chat -f /bin/t2' &
TIMEOUT 60
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT BUZY
ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
ABORT ERROR
'' "AT S7=45 S0=0 L1 V1 X4 &c1 E1 Q0 DT6212065"
name: bstocker
ord: AHFw9wo3N
urn1> ppp

# /etc/ppp/options

# The name of this server. Often, the FQDN is used here.
#name <host>

# Enforce the use of the hostname as the name of the local system for
# authentication purposes (overrides the name option).
#usehostname

# If no local IP address is given, pppd will use the first IP address
# that belongs to the local hostname. If "noipdefault" is given, this
# is disabled and the peer will have to supply an IP address.
noipdefault

# With this option, pppd will accept the peer's idea of our local IP
# address, even if the local IP address was specified in an option.
#ipcp-accept-local

# With this option, pppd will accept the peer's idea of its (remote) IP
# address, even if the remote IP address was specified in an option.
#ipcp-accept-remote

# Specify which DNS Servers the incoming Win95 or WinNT Connection should use
# Two Servers can be remotely configured
#ms-dns 192.168.1.1
#ms-dns 192.168.1.2

# Specify which WINS Servers the incoming connection Win95 or WinNT should use
#wins-addr 192.168.1.50
#wins-addr 192.168.1.51

# enable this on a server that already has a permanent default route
#nodefaultroute

# Run the executable or shell command specified after pppd has terminated
# the link.  This script could, for example, issue commands to the modem
# to cause it to hang up if hardware modem control signals were not
# available.
# If mgetty is running, it will reset the modem anyway. So there is no need
# to do it here.
#disconnect "chat -- \d+++\d\c OK ath0 OK"

# Increase debugging level (same as -d). The debug output is written
# to syslog LOG_LOCAL2.
# debug

# Enable debugging code in the kernel-level PPP driver.  The argument n
# is a number which is the sum of the following values: 1 to enable
# general debug messages, 2 to request that the contents of received
# packets be printed, and 4 to request that the contents of transmitted
# packets be printed.
#kdebug n

# Require the peer to authenticate itself before allowing network
# packets to be sent or received.
# Please do not disable this setting. It is expected to be standard in
# future releases of pppd. Use the call option (see manpage) to disable
# authentication for specific peers.
noauth

# authentication can either be pap or chap. As most people only want to
# use pap, you can also disable chap:
#require-pap
#refuse-chap

# Use hardware flow control (i.e. RTS/CTS) to control the flow of data
# on the serial port.
crtscts

# Specifies that pppd should use a UUCP-style lock on the serial device
# to ensure exclusive access to the device.
lock

# Use the modem control lines.
modem

# async character map -- 32-bit hex; each bit is a character
# that needs to be escaped for pppd to receive it.  0x00000001
# represents '\x01', and 0x80000000 represents '\x1f'.
# To allow pppd to work over a rlogin/telnet connection, ou should escape
# XON (^Q), XOFF  (^S) and ^]: (The peer should use "escape ff".)
#asyncmap  200a0000
asyncmap 0

# Specifies that certain characters should be escaped on transmission
# (regardless of whether the peer requests them to be escaped with its
# async control character map).  The characters to be escaped are
# specified as a list of hex numbers separated by commas.  Note that
# almost any character can be specified for the escape option, unlike
# the asyncmap option which only allows control characters to be
# specified.  The characters which may not be escaped are those with hex
# values 0x20 - 0x3f or 0x5e.
#escape 11,13,ff

# Set the MRU [Maximum Receive Unit] value to <n> for negotiation.  pppd
# will ask the peer to send packets of no more than <n> bytes. The
# minimum MRU value is 128.  The default MRU value is 1500.  A value of
# 296 is recommended for slow links (40 bytes for TCP/IP header + 256
# bytes of data).
#mru 542

# Set the MTU [Maximum Transmit Unit] value to <n>. Unless the peer
# requests a smaller value via MRU negotiation, pppd will request that
# the kernel networking code send data packets of no more than n bytes
# through the PPP network interface.
#mtu <n>

# Set the interface netmask to <n>, a 32 bit netmask in "decimal dot"
# notation (e.g. 255.255.255.0).
#netmask 255.255.255.0

# Don't fork to become a background process (otherwise pppd will do so
# if a serial device is specified).
nodetach

# Set the assumed name of the remote system for authentication purposes
# to <n>.
#remotename <n>

# Add an entry to this system's ARP [Address Resolution Protocol]
# table with the IP address of the peer and the Ethernet address of this
# system. {proxyarp,noproxyarp}
noproxyarp

# Use the system password database for authenticating the peer using
# PAP. Note: mgetty already provides this option. If this is specified
# then dialin from users using a script under Linux to fire up ppp wont work.
#login

# If this option is given, pppd will send an LCP echo-request frame to
# the peer every n seconds. Under Linux, the echo-request is sent when
# no packets have been received from the peer for n seconds. Normally
# the peer should respond to the echo-request by sending an echo-reply.
# This option can be used with the lcp-echo-failure option to detect
# that the peer is no longer connected.
#lcp-echo-interval 30

# If this option is given, pppd will presume the peer to be dead if n
# LCP echo-requests are sent without receiving a valid LCP echo-reply.
# If this happens, pppd will terminate the connection.  Use of this
# option requires a non-zero value for the lcp-echo-interval parameter.
# This option can be used to enable pppd to terminate after the physical
# connection has been broken (e.g., the modem has hung up) in
# situations where no hardware modem control lines are available.
#lcp-echo-failure 4

# Specifies that pppd should disconnect if the link is idle for n seconds.
#idle 600

# Disable the IPXCP and IPX protocols.
noipx

# Disable VJ